Sunday, August 4, 2013

One step forward, 10 steps back

While the trip to see Dr. Erickson was (I thought) a huge success, things have not been going well. Haley has regressed again. It seems like the millionth time we have gone through this. (I should get here we go again tattooed on me somewhere because that is my motto anymore) The med increase that we were hoping would control her aggression and settle her behavior more is not working, it is having the opposite effect.
She is now more aggressive, more hitting, more kicking, more fighting in general. She is refusing to eat again (what reason this time I have no idea I can't figure her out anymore). She wants to be left alone in her room and listen to her music which is fine but then the random running out and asking for stuff and not wanting it and then smacking the crap out of me because she doesn't want it is getting really old really fast. So.....
On to plan B. We have never really done this before, switch from one anti-psychotic to another but I guess there is a first time for everything. The next couple days will be getting her back to the dose she was taking before the med change and then reducing the one and adding the other slowly. New territory for me (and we have done a LOT of med changes between all 3 of them). The new med I have to say has me a little worried. Haley has never responded to medication the way she is suppose to.....ever so I guess the fact that they aren't suppose to use it on kids under 13 shouldn't worry me.
I just want my Haley back. I don't know where she went or what made her go there but we need her back. I know she wants to come back this can't be any fun for her either. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that this works because I don't know how much more of this she or I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment