Friday, July 26, 2013

Meet Jen!


Yep that's me! I think I am 2 in that picture maybe. I know I am adorable. I have been told by one of my best friends Sherrie (yeah you just got called out) that I still look the same as I do in this picture. I guess I am still adorable. I figured that I have introduced all of my children to you so I might as well do the same with me, at least more than what you get on the little Facebook feed thing. 

My childhood wasn't great, it wasn't bad, wasn't great.  I remember getting away with a lot of stuff my parents didn't know about because they fought a lot. (not bad stuff before your mind starts wandering too far, kid stuff, riding your bike too far from home, going to one friends house when your suppose to be at another, running off to buy candy) Now that part was fun! Halloween was and still is my favorite Holiday. Don't ask me why. I think it is because I get to be someone, anyone, else for just one day. I remember all the cool houses we used to go to (when Trick or Treat was at night) it used to just amaze me, some had smoke and lights and music and it just stuck with me. I will say there was one bad spot, it involved some neighborhood boys, I was younger than 9 so it is a little fuzzy but it is what it is. I do not think any further detail is needed.

I was enrolled in a Catholic School from the time I was in preschool on. I was a smart kid. I even managed a 4.2 once in High School. (not to shabby I would say) I had my first boyfriend when I was 16. I got pregnant when I was 17. (insert any catholic school girl joke here) Say what you want about teen moms. I totally rocked that! (evidence: have you met my son Nathan) I married my first husband not long after I got pregnant. We had Serenity 3 years later, that's her in the picture below and she was by far the easiest baby ever!!!!!! After almost 5 yrs of marriage we split. As to why, well.. one we were too young, two I am not an easy person to live with (disclaimer: this statement is based on third party statements not on my own personal opinion because I think I am easy to live with as long as you do it my way, what woman doesn't), three he likes to hit women, put that in any combination and you are asking for trouble.
I met Donnie (aka my husband) in a "grey" area of my life. (which is a nice way of saying depending on how you want to look at my situation at the time you could spin it however you choose, in my mind after 4 years of having the crap kicked out of me my marriage was over long before then) We then had our two children together Haley and Tyler. We have been together for over 9 years now, and we have been through a lot. We don't get a lot of alone time together, but when we do get it we make it count. Thankfully we both have a good sense of humor or I think we would have both gone insane by now (my sanity however has been questioned). We have argued and fought and laughed and cried and been to hell and back and I don't think I could have done it with any other person. He is my soul mate.
If there is anything that I have learned about myself in writing this it is that I am actually a pretty cool person. (not to sound conceited or anything) Nobody has an easy life, mine sure isn't. Most people get judged on theirs, I know I do on a fairly frequent basis and usually by people I wouldn't expect to be (and shouldn't be). All I can say for myself is, no one has walked my path, no one has experienced what I have. I think that all things considered I am doing a pretty good job with what I have (except migraines, I hate migraines, if someone could just magically fix that problem that would be awesome). So I guess with all of that said I will now do what my friend Sherrie asked me to do, which is put more cute pictures of me on here.





No comments:

Post a Comment